30/09/12
Snippets of my Sunday....

Home tomorrow after our week in Halls Gap....
After lunch at Dunkeld with friends, we stood in amazement at the destruction of a landslide that happened a couple of years ago. The road to Halls Gap was closed for a very long time, you can see why.
I took this photo from the road looking up toward the mountain. Behind me the landslide went about the same distance down the valley. This part of the Grampians have been through quite alot, the floods and then a terrible bushfire several years ago. It is remarkable the work that locals have done to fix the damage and get the walking tracks open again.
 I went down to the local golf course with Sam and me and the kangaroos watched him have a bit of a practice.
 Really pretty golf course....
I had the last of many icecreams.....
It has been a lovely week here in Halls Gap.
We've been busy everyday, but still had lots of time to do nothing as well.
Lots of walks, lots of food, attending local Farmers Markets, going to sleep and not hearing a sound and sitting around an open fire and gazing up at the mountain.
And of course looking at holiday houses and dreaming of living here for half the year.....
The weather has been beautiful but I could be quite happy being here for the whole of Winter.....

1 comment:

Alicia said...

My neighbours have been there this weekend. I've been only once, I remember the icecream shop!!