21/03/12
Snap it : 'Old'
Last year during our unforgetable trip to England, we visited the town of Arundal and while Sam played some cricket, I had a look at Arundal Castle. This magnificant building is centuries old and its history must be amazing! I can not comprehend the 'age' of some buildings in the UK and realise how young Australia really is!
Arundal is such a stately home and the home of the Duke of Norfolk and his family.  They have made it into a beautiful and cosy home.......
Just like our own castle built in the 70's....1970's that is!!
We too have made our own castle into a cosy home, steeped with history!

Join here for more 'Snap it' photos!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the history in England, and you are building your own bit of history in your home.

All For Love said...

Gorgeous castle, I have never been to the UK, but when I do I would love to visit some of these beautiful old castles. Your old abode looks just lovely too! xo

Marian Hazel said...

I haven't been to Europe yet, but think I would be blown away by the history. Love that you are creating your own history at your home! What a great perspective.

melissa said...

I'm so looking forward to travelling to Europe one day when my boys are older - I'd love to visit old castles like that!

Your place looks lovely as well!

leanne can blog said...

I remember thinking that too when i was in London, just how old everything is. Love that you've made your lovely home your castle.

Stasha said...

What a lovely shot. Both of them actually. Love the sharpness of colors.