Friday continued.....
Oh Golly, its cold! I got up at the crack of dawn on my day off and gathered Jack and off we went! After getting local fruit and vegies, we headed down the beach.....
Jack was pretty keen....he had hated waiting in the car as I kept stopping at my local haunts to get some fresh produce!
Even though the sun was out a little, I was all rugged up with lots of layers and a waterproof jacket, just in case!
Jack on the other hand, did not feel the cold!
The walk on the way up was icy cold! The wind was behind me and I was walking quite briskly! There was no one to be seen and it was a little refreshing! Very enjoyable!
After a bit, I decided to turn around, the tide was coming in a little fast! The wind was now in my face and a hundred times stronger! My eyes watered, my nose was running like a tap! Every now and again the waves would come right into the shore and push me up onto the sand dunes.....it was the hardest walk I have done for a while! My goodness! It was still icy cold, but now I was steaming hot with all my layers, my legs ached and my throat hurt, couldn't breathe!
After a rest on the steps, it was time to head home....I was looking forward to opening up an Easter Egg and popping the heater on.....
It was wild and windy and freezing! I love being at the beach by ourselves, such a lovely way to spend a day off.....I think Jack enjoyed himself too!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nothing nicer than being the only one at the beach, I love that sense of isolation.

Autumn is here, and there is no getting away from the change in the weather.